San Francisco State University – San Francisco, CA
B.A. in Political Science. Graduated Cum Laude May 2006.
10 years of Graphic Design Experience – Self Taught
When I began my career in the non-profit sphere, I took on the role of graphic designer by necessity, and learned the ins and outs of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and html/css through hard work and lots of tutorials. I now work in print and web daily, creating everything from brochures, newsletters, business cards and complex mailings, to websites and email templates.
January 2018 – Present Community Foundation Sonoma County Santa Rosa, CA
• Director of Communications.
August 2009 – July 2017 Social Advocates for Youth Santa Rosa, CA
• Communications Manager. As the Communications Manager for SAY I have created branding and marketing campaigns from the idea phase all the way through to writing, photography, design and production. I promote and organize events–including Come Fly With SAY and Let’s SAY Ball, SAY’s hugely successful annual fundraising events–and created the SAY Sock Walk, a cell phone walking tour held in downtown Santa Rosa. I also design & write our email marketing campaigns, created & maintain SAY’s social media presence, and write the SAY blog. In short: I’m the voice behind SAY, and am honored to share powerful stories of youth transformation with the community. Read check out our blog at saysc.org/news.
2009 – Present Caitlin Childs Photography Santa Rosa, CA
• Photographer & Videographer. I specialize in creative portraiture, and photojournalism. I have experience in wedding and engagement photography as well as advocacy and photojournalism. In November 2012, I traveled to Honduras with StoveTeam International to document their work bringing clean cookstoves to people in Honduras and Guatemala. I’ve also produced multiple appeal videos for successfully funded crowdsourcing campaigns for non-profit organizations.
February 2008 – April 2011 E-Myth Worldwide Santa Rosa, CA
• Assistant Graphic Designer/Online Client Services Team Member. Responsible for ensuring a fantastic client experience at every touchpoint through graphic & web design, photography, customer service and technical support. I trained under an amazing Creative Director and learned Adobe Illustrator and InDesign, produced world class webinars through powerpoint and Adobe Connect, and designed a series of whitepapers and e-books.
November 2006- July 2007 California Parenting Institute Santa Rosa, CA
• Special Event Coordinator, planned the North Bay Family Expo, a two day event at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds, with attendance of over 6,000 people. Secured sponsors, entertainment, and press coverage, created nbfamilyexpo.org.
May 2006- November 2006 Face to Face Santa Rosa, CA
• Data Entry/Community Health Outreach Worker: HIV/STD education & prevention for teens
April 2002-Present KWTF Radio Santa Rosa, CA
• Founding member, President of Board of Directors, organizational development, events, graphic & web design
December 2001-December 2006 Food Not Bombs Santa Rosa, CA
• Activities include: cooking and serving free food to hungry people 1-3 days/week, managing volunteers, gathering donations, group organization, web design, and presentations about Food Not Bombs and activism.
Fall 2001-Fall 2005 Face to Face Santa Rosa, CA
• Volunteer Community Health Outreach Worker
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro
Web Design: HTML, CSS
Photo & Video: Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Soundbooth, Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Audacity
Quark Express, Powerpoint, DonorPerfect, Little Green Light
Coordination of dozens of profitable art shows and benefit events